DIY Floral Head Piece

Here is my first rendition of a floral head piece!
I think they are beautiful designs; very elegant and poised.
It's a dramatic statement of simplicity and beauty.
Super easy to make, and super-duper inexpensive! :)

Supplies: You will need artificial flowers ~ and this can range with any kind, style, color, etc. Honestly? I bought these two bundles at the dollar store. Although, Hobby Lobby has some excellent selections on artificial flowers, and they are often 50% off. You will also need some wire cutters, some strong yarn/ribbon/or twine (I used twine), green floral tape, and scissors.

This entire project only cost me two dollars, as I already had all
supplies except the two artificial flower bouquets.


The first step, once you have collected your supplies, is to cut each floral stem off of the artificial bouquet so that it stands alone.


Then, you are going to lay out your design.
I simply put the two different colored flowers together, along with the twine, and then proceeded to the next step.


Next you want to wrap everything together, tightly.
The first time I used green floral tape, I found it a bit tricky (and a bit sticky). Just take your time (go slowly!) and you will do great!


This is a photo about half-way through the wrapping. I did everything in two's, to keep it easy to wrap, and then just added on down the line.


Here is my finished project! It isn't perfect, but there is beauty in the imperfections. Later on, I want to make a full wrap-around head piece, but this was a good start and first experience! It was very simple, inexpensive, and I love the finished result!


Here are some photos of my wearing the floral head piece:




Hope you enjoyed!
Please send me photos of any designs you create!
P.S. Half the photos of myself were taken by my darling and wonderful husband.